1. To respect the privacy of patients and staff. Apart from issues that are appropriate for discussion during meetings with staff, I should refrain from revealing any information, which I hear, see or read at the House, on private occasions.
2. I understand that the House is a place where patients receive treatment and recover. Providing volunteer service in such environment may expose the volunteers to the risk of being infected by disease. I also understand that I will attend an infection-control training program, from which I will acquire the knowledge and skills of infection prevention. I will also follow all guidelines in respect of disease prevention measures provided by the staff, in order to protect my health and that of others.
3. To provide service to the House without any guarantee of receiving compensation or employment in the future.
4. To report to the relevant staff any accidents or injuries which involve myself when providing volunteer service.
5. To dress properly and wear the volunteer identity card issued by the House, when providing volunteer service.
6. To stop participating in any on-going or up-coming volunteer activities if I do not feel well or have a fever.
7. To inform the designated staff if I am unable to show up on time, due to illness or fever, or any other reasons.
8. To be punctual at work and endeavour to provide service, or to provide prior notification if I am unable to carry out my duty, so that other arrangements can be made.
9. I also agree that during the course of providing volunteer service, I will not participate in any commercial activities.
10. I hereby declare that I have not been convicted of any child sexual-related criminal offence before a court of law.
I hereby confirm that all the data provided above is correct and is true. I have read and agreed with all the terms and conditions above.
I understand that before accepting any volunteer work, I will have to go through an interview, training and orientation activities. I also understand that Ronald McDonald House reserves the right to terminate my registration as a volunteer, under the following circumstances: (a) I fail to abide by the policies, regulations or ordinances of Ronald McDonald House, or (b) I fail to show up without prior notice, or (c) my working attitude and performance are unsatisfactory, or (d) under any conditions, the House considers that my volunteer work is not beneficial to the House.
In accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Hong Kong has adopted the following policies to safeguard web user's personal information and is committed to protecting its confidentiality. Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Hong Kong will limit the collection and use of personal information to the purpose directly related to the functions or activities stated on the collection. Without web user's prior consent, Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Hong Kong will not disclose any individual information to other parties.
Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Hong Kong collects personal information from web user on voluntary basis. Personal information may include name, title, company, address, phone number, e-mail address, etc. Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Hong Kong will not sell, rent or transmit personal information to other parties without web user's consensus.
Collection and Use
Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Hong Kong 's web server tracks and collects general information about the visits to the website which include domain names, web pages browsed, etc., to compile statistics to show number of visits, types of browsers used, etc. for record purpose.
Correct, Update and Delete
If web user would like to correct and / or update or remove their personal information, please contact our Administrative Office.
Storage and Access
All personal information web user provides to Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Hong Kong will be secured on a server with restricted access. Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Hong Kong reserves the right to appoint agents, who are bound by strict confidentiality guidelines, to store and process the data. Only designated employees or agents who are assigned to carry out legitimate activities / functions will be permitted to view the data. Employees or agents who violate Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Hong Kong 's privacy policies are subject to disciplinary or legal actions.
Option not to Receive Further Mailings
If you do not wish to receive further donation appeal / services promotion e-mail or mailing from us, please write to us or e-mail to our Administrative Office.
Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Hong Kong may edit this policy from time to time and will notify you of such amendments on this page.
Should you have further enquiry; please contact 2947 8778