1. To respect the privacy of patients and staff. Apart from issues that are appropriate for discussion during meetings with staff, I should refrain from revealing any information, which I hear, see or read at the House, on private occasions.
2. I understand that the House is a place where patients receive treatment and recover. Providing volunteer service in such environment may expose the volunteers to the risk of being infected by disease. I also understand that I will attend an infection-control training program, from which I will acquire the knowledge and skills of infection prevention. I will also follow all guidelines in respect of disease prevention measures provided by the staff, in order to protect my health and that of others.
3. To provide service to the House without any guarantee of receiving compensation or employment in the future.
4. To report to the relevant staff any accidents or injuries which involve myself when providing volunteer service.
5. To dress properly and wear the volunteer identity card issued by the House, when providing volunteer service.
6. To stop participating in any on-going or up-coming volunteer activities if I do not feel well or have a fever.
7. To inform the designated staff if I am unable to show up on time, due to illness or fever, or any other reasons.
8. To be punctual at work and endeavour to provide service, or to provide prior notification if I am unable to carry out my duty, so that other arrangements can be made.
9. I also agree that during the course of providing volunteer service, I will not participate in any commercial activities.
10. I hereby declare that I have not been convicted of any child sexual-related criminal offence before a court of law.
Types of Information Collected and How It Is Used
RMHC gathers personal information, such as first and last names, home addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and credit card numbers, only when voluntarily submitted by you. If you make an online donation, personal information will be collected from you in order to process that donation.
With your permission, we will use personal information collected from you to send you information, such as RMHC updates or information regarding new Ronald McDonald House openings, fund-raising campaigns or major grant initiatives. If you do not elect to receive such materials, we will not send them to you.
Security of Donor Information
Donor information is stored within a donor management database within RMHC. Access to the database is restricted to personal with legitimate business need to access or modify the information contained therein.
Sharing of Personal Information
Companies may be engaged by RMHC to perform a variety of functions, such as assisting with donation collection, providing technical services for our Internet sites, etc. Such companies may have access to personal information if needed to perform certain functions. However, these companies may use such personal information only for the purpose of performing that function and may not use it for any other purpose.
RMHC reserves the right to use or disclose any information as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request, to protect the integrity of the site, to fulfill your requests, or to cooperate in any law enforcement investigation or an investigation on a public safety matter.
You are in control of all personal information you provide to us online. If at any time, you would like to correct the personal information we have about you or if you would like to change your preferences for contacts from us, you can let us know by contacting us at the postal address listed below. In order to review any personal information we have about you or to ask us to delete that information or to stop further use of the information, please contact us through the address listed below. If you would like to unsubscribe from our email list, please use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our newsletter emails or contact us through the postal address listed below. It may take up to two weeks to remove you from all of our email newsletter if we have one in production when you request to be removed.
Use the options in your Internet browser if you do not wish to receive a cookie or if you wish to set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. Click on the “Help” section of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you disable all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of the RMHC web site.
We use Google services, such as Google Analytics, as well as other third party vendors that place first-party and/or third-party cookies on a browser across our websites. To opt out of Google tracking, please visit their opt-out page. We also use Google AdWords "remarketing" to market our sites across the web. We place a cookie on a browser, and then Google reads these cookies and may serve an ad on a 3rd party site. You may opt out of this ad serving on Google’s opt out page. If you are concerned about 3rd party cookies served by networks, you should also visit the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
Links to Other Sites
We may offer links to sites that are not operated by RMHC. If you visit one of these linked sites, you should review their privacy and other policies. We are not responsible for the policies and practices of other companies.
Local Chapter and Ronald McDonald House Internet Sites